Labels

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Happy Anniversary, My Handsome Hero

From time to time people ask me why I call Bill my Handsome Hero.  Well, as for the first part, have you seen this guy?


What a stud.  He's a total 10!  When we first met, I seriously couldn't remember his name because I was so enamored by his stellarness.

As for the second part, how could you not view a man with his character as a hero?  He leads our family with wisdom and humility.   

Running his first big race.  He worked so hard to get here.  Through the process, I came to admire and respect his amazing work ethic.

On our fifth anniversary.  He took me to a natural hot spring in Canada.  This is one fantastic husband.  He takes me away somewhere each year {that I'm not nursing}.  This year we got away for a couple of hours between feedings, but it was still wonderful.

Bringing Ella home from the hospital.  Such a good dad.

Cuddling with a sick Jack at the hospital.  He was a rock for me.  I never felt alone.

Holding Nathaniel just three weeks ago.  There is no one else I would rather have on this parenting journey with me.

 
 Making cheesecake with Ella.  A culinary master, and one willing to clean the kitchen after a mess.  I am often in awe of his sweet dealings with the kids, entering into their play and teaching them new things.

I am so very thankful to have had nine years with you, Handsome Hero.  Nine years of growing together as we grow in the Lord.  Nine years of becoming one.  Nine years of trying to manipulate the other one into cleaning the shower.

You are my partner, my best friend, my husband. 

I love you.

Happy Anniversary.


P.S.  As I look back through our pictures, I realize how few we have as a couple.  Nearly all of the pictures that we are even in are because there is a kid starring in the picture and we are there as background material.  I think we need to make a more concerted effort to star in our own couple pictures, don't you?  Is that just my inner drama queen that wants to be the center of attention?






No comments:

Post a Comment